Thursday, January 10, 2013

Settling In

Wow, it's been over a month since Marley joined our family!  Until a person actually own a dog, it's hard to put into words the profound effect they have.  Marley is an incredible joy and blessing.  We've settled in a daily routine, which Marley loves.   He also has certain habits and routines that we find so cute. (That will need to be another post all by itself!)

Marley sleeps with us on the bed every night.  Actually, one of his favorite things to do is sleep, which works out perfect since I love to sleep too!  The morning starts up with John getting ready for work and Maria bouncing onto my bed to see Marley.  It's usually early in the morning and Marley and I are still in sleep mode.....but regardless, he will lick her face until she giggles with happiness.  It's a great way to start out the morning and it's hard to be grouchy with all that licking going on.  Sometimes Marley will follow Maria to the kitchen in hopes of breakfast scraps, or he will stay in bed with me while I drink my first cup of coffee.  Once I get out of bed- the excitement begins!  The kids and Marley start their game of tag, the cat gets chased and then the adventure continues outside on the leash for a morning exploration.  Around 8:30am we say goodbye to Maria as she heads off on the school bus.  The morning consists of Luke, me and Marley.  Sometimes we stay home and other times we run errands in the car....and let me tell you---Marley LOVES car rides!  By 12:30pm, we drop Luke off to school for his Young 5's class.  I noticed on Monday that Marley now cries and whimpers when Luke goes into the school building.  My heart just swelled with love when he did that..the sign of unconditional, pure love.  Sometimes I think we humans could all learn from the simple and pure acts of animals.  The afternoon with me is pretty boring...LOL.  I'm back in school now and have a lot of reading/studying to do.  Marley usually goes into a low-key, relax mode with me- which I love.  He's my loyal sidekick, however once the bus comes at the end of the day, it's fun with the kids again!  When we put the kids to bed at 8:00pm, Marley is usually wiped out too. 

All in all, Marley spends his day playing, sleeping, eating and loving everyone around him.  I can't imagine how we managed without him before now.





5 comments:

  1. Found your blog through Angel's mom. I'm one of those who loved and followed Harley from birth on. I'm so excited that he's found a family to love and who loves him. He's a special puppy for sure. I'm so glad he's fitting in and is so happy with you. Looking forward to following his and your story. By the way, he looks a lot like his mom.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay Yofi has a blog! Thankyou Gina. He seems very happy with you and your family..that's what matters. He was the most popular puppy there and very smart. All the dogs loved him,,he loved to play and wrestle with them. Thanks for sharing.
    Cathy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Seeing Yofi again just brought tears of joy to my eyes! Oh, how I've missed watching him. Thank you Gina for starting this blog and thank you for welcoming him into your family. He seems to be thriving. It's going to take a little getting used to calling him Marley, but whatever his name is, we all love and adore him. He's a very special boy who can warm any heart. I look forward to reading about his adventures.
    Jill

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am so glad you started this blog as well! It is a blessing to be able to watch him grow up! Thank you Gina...you make me smile!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gina, I want to join everyone in saying thank you for letting us continue to share in Marley's (Yofi's) life. He's been loved since the second he was born and I am so glad he will continue to be loved and cherished in this new phase of his life.

    ReplyDelete