Tuesday, February 26, 2013

Love- From Gina's perspective

It is a snowy evening and I'm curled up in the dark living room, with Marley laying on my feet.  We have the soft glow of the computer screen and perfect silence.  I always cherish this time of the evening when the kids go to sleep and I am free to do whatever I want!

This post is going to be a bit selfish.  It's going to be about Marley & me.  Marley has become an extension of myself- a constant companion that beams with love and loyalty.   Since he is our first dog, I didn't really know what to expect.  Yes, I campaigned for an adoption, thinking about the joy and love a dog would provide for the kids.  Little did I know how quickly Marley would drastically change MY world!  I guess it was evident when I replaced the kids' X-mas picture with Marley's picture as my cellphone screensaver.  Maria was like "what the heck mom??"  (I did eventually change it back)   This sweet boy is the perfect companion.  I could go on and on, but I think you get the picture.  =) 

I've always had the innate need to nurture and take care of people.  Yes, being a mother allows me to do that, but Marley fills a void that I just can't explain. Kids are way more complicated than dogs.  Dogs are simple and they don't ask for much.  Love. Food. Play.   It's my responsibility to make sure he is protected and feels safe.  Marley deserves a good life, full of love, and I will fiercely protect him.   He is a gift from God and we are the lucky ones. 

For those who follow Jami and Angel, I must say that their story is an inspiration.  I smile whenever I read Jami's posts.   Jami's personal attributes can be seen through her writing- someone who is caring, honest and genuine.   

For anyone who reads this, please know that Marley is happy and thriving.   And, he is still sleeping on my foot.  =) 


4 comments:

  1. Gina, thanks for the update. It's obvious how much you love Marley and he loves you. What a special bond to have. A dog sure can change your world and you've changed his. I love Jami's posts about Angel too. I read her personal blog also. Angel is one funny dog!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bless you! All us aunties ask is that you love him and care for him forever. Your pictures and this blog are a connection that we need and appreciate.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awwwww...so sweet are you. And little Marley! My phone has a pic of Angel sleeping in a laundry basket...oops! Sorry kids! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Gina, I know it's been a while since you've updated. Just wanted to let you know I was thinking about Marley (and Angel) tonight, and smiling. Hope you and Marley and the family are doing well. Please give him a kiss and a hug from his Auntie Jill. Miss you sweet boy...

    ReplyDelete