Tuesday, October 29, 2013

Autumn with Marley

We've discovered that autumn is Marley's favorite season.  I've seen him run through snow, bask in the summer sun - but nothing compares to fall.  He enjoys sniffing the ground and jumping into leaves.  There always seems to be something to sniff and explore- a dog's heaven.   When he hears the wind and leaves blowing outside, look out!  Dog frenzy!  All outdoor rules are forgotten and he disappear into the woods. What happened to our nicely trained dog?  =)  

I've decided to compile a list of things we've learned about Marley:

1.  He loves the fall season
2.  Will do anything for food.  Especially loves cheese, meat and pancakes
3.  Goes completely bonkers after a bath- running, running and more running
4.  Loves people and attention
5.  Loves car rides
6.  Is part Maltese and part Coton de Tulear
7.  He instinctively knows when the kids are expected home from school and will stare out the     window until I take him out to greet them.
8.   Loves children and plays with them constantly.
9.   Sleeps on his back and loves his belly rubbed
10.  His favorite game is tag.  Likes to see if we can catch him.
11.  Is completely trained to stay in the yard without a leash (unless it's fall)
12.  Enjoys backyard play involving balls
13.  Always gets a burst of energy in the evening and will run circles outside
14.  He loves chewing on bones
15.  He is total sweetheart and a love bug. 
16.  Is as perfect gentleman at the groomers and will give kisses
17.  Loves sleeping in my bed.  (I love it too)
18.  Always gives morning kisses to the family
19.  He will voluntarily sit in his kennel when in trouble. 
20.  He knows to see John for table scraps



4 comments:

  1. Thinking of you today Marley and wishing you a very happy 2nd birthday! I still remember the moment you were born. Missing you and your brothers (and mama Angel) and remembering all the joy you brought all of us aunties as we watched you all grow. So happy you found a loving home! xxoo

    ReplyDelete
  2. I sure do miss Marley. I think about her often and hope all is well with her and her human family.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am so sorry, an update is long overdue! I will write an updated journal tomorrow. Thank you for the reminder and for your love of Yofi/Marley.

      Delete