Tuesday, December 18, 2012

A New Beginning

On December 1, 2012 a new family member entered our home!  I would like to proudly introduce Marley, formerly named Yofi.  Personally, I love the name Yofi, but I've been out voted by my husband, our 7 year old daughter and 5 year old son!   I still secretly call him Yofi and might sway the family as I sometimes let it slip out.  Oops!  The minute he arrived to our home we all fell in love.  The first week he was pretty shy, not leaving my side.  Marley was my Velcro Boy!  After two weeks, he now plays tag with the kids, chases the cat and timidly accepts treats from my husband.  It's taken longer for Marley to accept my husband and he's been bribing him with food and belly rubs.  It seems to be working! 

The title of my first post is called A Family Blessing.  I say this for a specific reason.  For my whole life I've always wanted a dog.  As a little girl I begged and begged my parents.  My senior year in high school they were wonderful enough to give me a parakeet for Christmas.  God Bless them and the parakeet, but what I really wanted was a dog of my own.  So when my husband agreed to a family dog, I found Marley.  I'm not sure who was the most excited, me or our elementary aged kids. 

Today I had the wonderful opportunity to talk with Marley's original owner.  I found out more about Marley's history and was surprised to find that he has a following of people who love him.  Plus, the most amazing piece of information ever:  Marley's 1st Birthday is today, December 18.  This day has special significance to me, as it's the ten year anniversary date of when my Grandma passed away.  My Grandma and I were extremely close, and every year on this day I pay tribute to her memory and celebrate her life.  What are the odds that Marley's Birthday would fall on this day?   I have a tremendous amount of gratitude for Marley.  In his short time here, he has brought so much love and joy to our family.  I also have gratitude to Angel's mom, who has shown incredible grace, friendship and kindness to our family.  I look forward to a Mother-son reunion soon!   If there are other siblings, I'd love to hear from you too. 

I will plan on sharing Marley's journey with you, as we document his new life and home.  He is after all, our new baby.  

For all those reading, may you find your own Family Blessings as we have. 

2 comments:

  1. That's beautiful about Marley having the same birthday as your grandma's passing. May he be a special blessing to you as your grandma was to you :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sharon, I honestly believe he is a gift sent from above. And my Grandma knows about him.

    ReplyDelete